Monday, October 1, 2007

The Scandal That Wasn't

I was just doing some reading at Rush Limbaugh's website as I was hoping to read the transcript of his interview today with Justice Thomas. I had caught it on the radio, and I was entranced with the character of the man being interviewed. I will definitely check out his autobiography.

But what really caught my attention was the apparent hubbub caused by some dialog from a phone call with a listener. It appears that he was talking about those unscrupulous individuals so base as to falsely claim combat service. He referred to those people as "phony soldiers". The moonbats have taken this and run with it, claiming that he referred to any soldier that dissented politically to the war in Iraq.

Now, Senator Reid, a barking moonbat of the highest order, has been tying up valuable time in Congress trying to get a letter signed by Congress that condemns Mr. Limbaugh for his remarks.

First of all, doesn't Congress have anything more important to do? Seriously! Tying up valuable legislation time for this crap gets on my nerves. It is McCarthy-esque to say the least. What are we paying these dorks for? Perhaps Mark Twain was correct, when he stated, "Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

I urge you to go check it out for yourself at the link I listed above, decide for yourself, and write your Congressmen and tell them to quit wasting the time we are paying for.

I will caution you, however, not to get your hopes up that a single letter will change the ways of an institution like Congress. They might not understand what's wrong with wasting their time and taxpayer's money debating crap like this. It may be difficult to get them to stop listening to Senator Reid's ridiculous antics.

After all, Mark Twain also observed: "All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity."

No comments: