Monday, December 17, 2007

..."I'm here to help." I have a Plan

Newsbusters.org provides a transcript of Hillary’s soft interview on Fox News Sunday that aired yesterday. Hillary said “...I just keep focused on my campaign about what I want to do to help people, the vision that I have for American and the plans that I've put out there, and what I would to do hit that ground running on the very first day.” Do I want a president that wants to help me? No! I want a president that will run the executive branch of the government, not try to regulate what are perceived wants/needs by presidential whims and nuances of reality. This is a part of a video that contains Hillary’s quote. These are really scary statements that may bring comfort for the weak, but not for the self-reliant. The preamble of the Constitution of the United States demands that, “We the people,” not “I the president.” President Ronald Regan, someone all future presidents should try to emulate stated, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help." Something to think about.

No comments: