Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred's No Good, Very Bad Day...

Horrible news was received today:

Statement from Sen. Fred Thompson

McLean, VA - Senator Fred Thompson today issued the following statement about his campaign for President:

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."


Please give the Senator a moment of silence.

Anyhow, while I am glad I didn't go and put my Fred '08 bumpersticker on, I do think its a shame that the candidate I agreed with most just isn't electable. Now I know how Ron Paul supporters feel, only without any of the psychosis that goes along with it.


I'm afraid that now all we are left with are for the Attractive First Lady Pool, are Michelle Obama, and Ann Romney. So if you had Jeri Thompson, I'm afraid you're out of the running.

No comments: