Friday, February 15, 2008

And sometimes they actually listen to us...

Dear Mr. G(redacted),

Thank you for contacting me about Congressman Pete Stark's comments regarding the president. I appreciate hearing from you.

On October 18, 2007, Congressman Pete Stark of California made the following statement on the House floor, "You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the President's amusement."

In response to this event, Congressman Boehner of Ohio introduced a resolution (H.Res. 767) that would censure Congressman Stark for his statement. I voted in favor of this resolution because I believe that Members of Congress must conduct themselves collegially, respectfully, and in a manner befitting our great institutions.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. If I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other matter, please feel free to be in touch. Sincerely,

Jason Altmire
Member of Congress

No comments: