Monday, November 17, 2008

My Review of G5 Outdoors Montec™ 100-Grain Broadhead, 3-Pack

Originally submitted at Gander Mountain

If you're looking for extreme sharpness, try the Montec™ 100-Grain Broadhead from G5 Outdoors. With solid one-piece, 100% steel construction, you never have anything to replace or assemble. Simply screw the broadhead into your shaft and shoot. The cut-on-contact design and diamond sha...

Wow...amazing penatration!

By BrotherMalcolm from Pittsburgh, PA on 11/17/2008

5out of 5

Pros: All Weather, Functional, True flight with my rig, Durable, Holds edge well

Best Uses: Hunting

Describe Yourself: Recreational Archer

I have only been shooting for 2 years and took my first deer a few weeks ago in the early archery season here in Western, PA. These broad-heads fly very true when compared to practice tips (field).
The true test was when I sent my arrow through a button-buck diagonally! No bs. He was broadside to me but jumped at my rather loud PSE Nova. I hit him quartering to me (2nd or 3rd rib - right side) and the arrow exited by his left rear hip! My bow is hardly a "super rig" - 260 fps tops with a 60 lbs draw. I bought 3 more the following week.

(legalese)

No comments: