Saturday, December 6, 2008

Time for some Blasphemy,

Satire, and assorted humor.  This made me laugh so hard I may need to replace my keyboard due to high pressure nasal-coffee expuslion.  No matter who you are, if you have no sense of humor, you are likely to be offended by this video.  Enjoy!

See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die

Personally, I could care less who other people are sleeping with.  If 2 dudes find it necessary to shack up together, whatever.  I mean, it could be worse than having two snappily-dressed guys with a well groomed lawn and a penchant for throwing a nice dinner party in the neighborhood.

Besides, if it offends your religious sensibilities, just keep in mind, at least they are unlikely to reproduce.

Now, on the other hand, why do they need governmental sanction to shack up?  Why do we need a constitutional anything that defines marriage or allows marriage for gays?  Seriously, doesn't government have better things to do?

Particularly in a state like Califonia, which is about to go bankrupt.  The only real reason government is still involved in marriages is generation of revenue through marriage license fees
 and taxation.

For that matter, I'm against government performing civil "marriages" between heterosexuals.

Marriage is, in my opinion, a covenant (that is, a holy vow) between a man and a woman.  Holy, denotes that it is religious by nature.  If we are really separating church and state, government
 has no business there.

And as such, I find it repugnant that I need a "license" to be legally married.  Again, I don't think government has any business in this at all.

It all boils down to governmental control.  Do you think we need more governmental control in our lives?

Anyhow, that's my 2 centavos... I'm interested to hear what my co-authors have to say, particularly since I think I am the more libertarian of we three.

1 comment:

BrotherMalcolm said...

This was a reply to a comment left by a Facebook contact.

I was mildly entertained by the fact that I replied to it - and then realized you (Sean G.) had authored a related post on TooMuchLiberty literally hours before it.

Danielle Powers Mack

Danielle Powers Mack joined the cause Legalize Gay Marriage.

- 1 Comment

Brother Malcolm at 12:11am December 7

No such thing as gay marriage - marriage is a religious institution. Gay rights?- all for them! In fact, they are already guaranteed - see constitution. There are no civil rights either. Just rights!

Certainly, homosexuals (any sexual) should be granted all the equivalent rights, to included legal status as a "partner" for the purposes of ... Read Moreinheritance, power of attorney, last will, etc - but "marriage" is a union by god. BTW- I am not religious - never been baptized and belong to no church.

SO - do not legalize Gay "marriage" - might as well legalize the right for homosexuals to raise and breed unicorns - would have the same effect.