Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Local Tea Party


For any of my local readers (Western PA), there is going to be a real, live Tea Party hereabouts. Saturday, the 11th, at the Beaver County Courthouse, Beaver, PA. Be there, or be square. I think I'll go, and may even blog about it.

Why have a tea party?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Rain is predicted, however, and conservative being, well, conservative, turnout may be low if the weather is poor. Unlike our opposites, we usually have the sense to come in out of the rain.

I'm coming off of midnight shift that day, though, so we'll see if I make it up in time. This whole being a productive member of society thing is tough sometimes.

Sure beats having your Uncle Sam be your dad, though. I'm grown and can take care of myself. I don't need government man to be my nurse-maid.

No comments: